FAQs about car loans and bankruptcy
Bankruptcy and Your Auto Loans
Years ago, buying a car after bankruptcy was next to impossible. Thankfully, times have changed.How to Keep Your Car During Bankruptcy
If you want to hold on to your wheels after Chapter 7, you'll have to sign a reaffirmation agreement.
3 Options to Protect Your Car in Bankruptcy
You can sometimes keep your car in bankruptcy. If not, you may be able to protect part of its value.Could Selling Car Hinder Bankruptcy Filing?
You needed money and sold your car. Now that you're filing bankruptcy, could it mean trouble?Include Car-Title Loans in Bankruptcy?
Car-title loans are dangerous beasts. Be careful when putting them in bankruptcy.
Are you struggling to get ahead financially? We can help.
Subscribe to our free Surviving Tough Times newsletter.
Trying to avoid the repo man? Here's how bankruptcy can and can't shield you.Risks of Including Car Loan in Bankruptcy
Reaffirming a car loan in bankruptcy can have negative consequences if you aren't careful.
Am I a good candidate for bankruptcy?Keeping Your Car: Auto Loans in Bankruptcy
Bankruptcy doesn't have to mean losing your wheels. What can you do to keep them?5 Car Loan Options in Bankruptcy
You can surrender your auto but there are other optiosn for keeping your car during a bankruptcy.
More Debt Tips & Tools
- 6 smart strategies for paying off your credit cards
- 5 great second jobs to bring in extra cash
- Pay down debt now or save: Here's how to choose
- Can I get a debt consolidation loan with bad credit?
- I stopped going to college but they want me to keep paying my student loan
- Cutting the burn during tough times
- Digging your way out of a financial hole
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Reduce your debt with this free debt course by The Dollar Stretcher
- Am I a good candidate for credit counseling?
- Do I have a debt problem?
- Reduce your debt payoff time
- Calculate the real cost of your debt
- Reduce credit card debt calculator
- Debt pay-down calculator
- Calculate the true cost of paying just the minimum