Some things you should consider and know before filing
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
To make the best decision about which form of bankruptcy to file, first gather this information.Can You File Chapter 13 if You Own a Home?
Just because you own a home doesn't mean you can't file for a "fresh start" bankruptcy.
Beware: A Failed Chapter 13 Bankruptcy May Cost You Your Home
A Chapter 13 bankruptcy plan can protect your home, but not complying with it can cost you plenty.Paying off Chapter 13 Plan Early
It seems smart to pay off your Chapter 13 bankruptcy early, but there's a good reason to wait.
Are you struggling to get ahead financially? We can help.
Subscribe to our free Surviving Tough Times newsletter.
What would she need to do to get the payments reduced to her new lower income?Convert from Chapter 13 to Chapter 7 in Bankruptcy?
Certain requirements must be met before you can convert your bankruptcy from Chapter 13 to Chapter 7.
Am I a good candidate for bankruptcy?Is Chapter 13 an Option after Chapter 7?
A Chapter 7 case in the past won't stop you from a Chapter 13 bankruptcy in the future.Can I Defer Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Payments?
With a smaller paycheck, it may be necessary to alter how much you can pay back in bankruptcy.4 Reasons Your Bankruptcy Payment Can Grow in Chapter 13
Your bankruptcy payments could jump in Chapter 13 as your financial picture improves.4 Limits on Modifying a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
You can lower your Chapter 13 bankruptcy payment, if you're not hung up by one of these obstacles.
More Debt Tips & Tools
- 6 smart strategies for paying off your credit cards
- 5 great second jobs to bring in extra cash
- Pay down debt now or save: Here's how to choose
- Can I get a debt consolidation loan with bad credit?
- Easy ways to build an emergency fund
- Key steps to break away from "keeping up with the Joneses" syndrome
- When you're seriously upside down on your auto loan
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Reduce your debt step by step
- Am I a good candidate for credit counseling?
- Do I have a debt problem?
- Compare personal loan rates
- Get free answers to financial questions
- Get free answers to legal questions
- Calculate the real cost of your debt
- Debt pay-down calculator
- Calculate the true cost of paying just the minimum