Guidelines to help decide if bankruptcy is the best solution for you
Deciding Whether to File Bankruptcy
Use these guidelines to determine if bankruptcy might be the best choice for your financial situation.Should I File for Bankruptcy with a $12K Debt?
Bankruptcy isn't a cure-all. You should avoid it if you can't afford these consequences.Can Bankruptcy Wipe Out Student Debt?
The Department of Education is supposed to get more reasonable about approving federal student loans for discharge in bankruptcy. Until then, these are your options.
File Bankruptcy Myself, Stop Wage Garnishment?
You don't need a lawyer, but you do need to take these steps to protect pay through bankruptcy.Multiple Forms of Debt Could Mean Bankruptcy
For debts ranging from back taxes to lawsuits, look at all your options before seeking bankruptcy.Choose Bankruptcy?
When credit counseling is not enough to overcome your debt problem.Deciding Whether to File Bankruptcy
When you're free of an upside-down mortgage but still shackled by debt, bankruptcy isn't always the answer.
Have you decided not to do anything about your debts? Here's what the future has in store for you.Should I File Bankruptcy to Avoid Debt Collectors?
Debts of $15K aren't outrageous, but when you're jobless, bankruptcy may work best.When to Choose Bankruptcy over Debt Management
Bankruptcy and debt management are two ways to get out of debt. Which is right for you?
Are you struggling to get ahead financially? We can help.
Subscribe to our free Surviving Tough Times newsletter.
What's the worst that can happen when you file bankruptcy or go into credit counseling?Declaring Bankruptcy
Is it the best way out?
More Debt Tips & Tools
- 6 smart strategies for paying off your credit cards
- 5 great second jobs to bring in extra cash
- Pay down debt now or save: Here's how to choose
- Can I get a debt consolidation loan with bad credit?
- I stopped going to college but they want me to keep paying my student loan
- Cutting the burn during tough times
- Digging your way out of a financial hole
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Reduce your debt with this free debt course by The Dollar Stretcher
- Am I a good candidate for credit counseling?
- Do I have a debt problem?
- Reduce your debt payoff time
- Calculate the real cost of your debt
- Reduce credit card debt calculator
- Debt pay-down calculator
- Calculate the true cost of paying just the minimum