How will a bankruptcy affect your home or mortgage?
Bankruptcy and Your Mortage
Going the Chapter 13 bankruptcy route takes longer than Chapter 7 but you'll probably keep the roof over your head.What Should You Say to Save House in Bankruptcy?
Reaffirm? Redeem? Other? Know the options in a Chapter 7 filing if you want to keep your home.
Can I Walk Away from Home in Bankruptcy?
Think about why you want to give up your home that's already in bankruptcy.HOA Dues Still Due after Bankruptcy Filing?
Some fees are dischargeable with bankruptcy, but what about homeowners association dues?Is It Wise to Try Loan Modification in Bankruptcy?
A loan modification once you've filed for bankruptcy can be a very risky decision.
Am I a good candidate for bankruptcy?Reaffirm Mortgage Post-Bankruptcy?
Keeping your home after bankruptcy isn't just about reaffirming your mortgage.Will Bankruptcy Solve Mortgage Crisis?
Debts, including mortgages in foreclosure, might be a good reason to see if bankruptcy can help you.Will Bankruptcy Save My Home from Foreclosure?
Without decent income and your home in foreclosure, keeping lenders at bay will be tough.
Are you struggling to get ahead financially? We can help.
Subscribe to our free Surviving Tough Times newsletter.
Mounting debts from job loss are tough. Know when to file bankruptcy so it doesn't hurt you.When Can the Bank Take Your House in Bankruptcy?
Homeowners sometimes use bankruptcy as a delay tactic when facing foreclosure.3 Common Property Missteps in Bankruptcy
Scheming to protect property from a Chapter 7 auction can bring you a world of pain.What Happens to Mortgage, Home after Bankruptcy?
Reaffirming a mortgage in bankruptcy can be tough and nearly impossible if you're behind on house payments.
More Debt Tips & Tools
- 6 smart strategies for paying off your credit cards
- 5 great second jobs to bring in extra cash
- Pay down debt now or save: Here's how to choose
- Can I get a debt consolidation loan with bad credit?
- Easy ways to build an emergency fund
- Key steps to break away from "keeping up with the Joneses" syndrome
- When you're seriously upside down on your auto loan
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Reduce your debt step by step
- Am I a good candidate for credit counseling?
- Do I have a debt problem?
- Compare personal loan rates
- Get free answers to financial questions
- Get free answers to legal questions
- Calculate the real cost of your debt
- Debt pay-down calculator
- Calculate the true cost of paying just the minimum