Frugal tips for cleaning your carpet and keeping it looking its best
We compare features of 5 of the top portable carpet cleaners.Cleaning Coffee Stains on Carpeting
So you spilled coffee all over your new carpeting and you don't want to pay a pro. Our readers share their tips and tricks to treating ugly coffee stains.7 Ways to Save on Carpet Cleaning
Here are several ways to save money on carpet cleaning and to extend the time between cleanings.
How to Soften Your Carpet
Cleaning your carpet is sometimes a necessity. But, how do you soften your carpet after it's cleaned?Insider Report: Carpet Cleaning
There are things that you can do to aid in keeping your carpet in good condition. Here are a few do-it-yourself tips for clean everything from butter, oil and crayons to blood, chocolate and soy sauce from your carpeting.Removing Carpet Stains
Red juice on the light colored carpet? What can you use for removing the stains?A Vacuum that Won't Break, For Less!
If you are having troubles with vacuum cleaners breaking, why not get a Shop Vac? They are made to vacuum up nuts and bolts, so how could you possibly break it? As an added bonus, they're cheap, too!Problem Pet Hair on Carpet
Having trouble getting the cat hair off your low-pile carpets? Our readers are here to help.Carpet Cleaning Solutions
Sure, you might have to pay to rent the carpet cleaning machine. But who says you have to buy the pricey commerceial cleaner for the machine?Saving Wet Carpet
Getting a mildew/moldy smell out of a carpet can be tough. Our readers share their best tips.
Check sale prices for green cleaning solutions.The Best Vacuum for Pet Hair
New Carpet Care
Coffee on the Carpet
Could spending 5 minutes reading a newsletter twice a week save you time and money every day?
Subscribe to Dollar Stretcher Tips and start saving today.
Buying a Vacuum Cleaner
Carpet Cleaners and Shampooers
Cheaper Carpet Cleaning
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- How much does it cost to cool your home?
- Monthly dishwasher maintenance that can help you save
- Natural spider control
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?