Tips to help you effectively budget your debt payments so you can pay more than the minimum
Budgeting for Debt Repayments
How much of your salary should be allocated to credit card debt if you made the mistake of racking it up?Micropayments
Paying down credit card debt is similar to losing weight. Both challenges may have the same solution: smaller portions more often. For credit card debt, this means making "micropayments."
Should I Stop Saving for Retirement in Order to Pay Down My Debt?
Everyone's situation is different. How old are you? How much debt are you carrying? Comparing options such as paying debt vs. saving for retirement can be tricky. These guidelines will help you make the best decision for your sitution when it comes to paying down your debt as you try to plan for your retirement, regardless of how far off that might be.Smallest Bill? Or Highest Rate?
Just where should you begin when you start tackling that debt? The smartest choice for your finances might not be the best choice for your will power to stick with your debt repayment plan. See how to pick the option best for you to give yourself the best chance of being successul on your journey to financial freedom.
More Money Tips & Tools
- 5 low-risk ways to earn higher interest now
- 10 easy ways to save money for the holidays
- 7 IRA withdrawals that don't trigger a penalty
- 4 secrets to maximize your credit card rewards
- Don't toss your financial resolutions just yet!
- How and why to put your legal and financial affairs on autopilot
- 18 ways money slips through your fingers
- This week's Readers' Tips