Protect yourself from harrassment by knowing your rights and understanding what collectors cannot do
Dealing with Harassment from Debt Collectors
Collection agencies are good at scaring people. But there are limits to what they can do.Charge-Offs, Bankruptcies & Collection Agencies
When Will Collectors Stop Pursuing Old Debts?
Collection agencies are good at scaring people. But there are limits to what they can do.
5 New Weapons to Protect You from Debt Collectors Who Go To Extremes
Can a Debt Collector Call My Friends and Family for a Forgiven Debt?
Your debt was forgiven. So why is the debt collector contacting your family and friends?
Am I a good candidate for bankruptcy?How to Deal with a Shady Debt Collector
When a debt collection agency makes these illegal threats, take this step to end the calls.Defend Yourself Against Debt Collectors
If a debt collector makes threats, verbally harasses you or otherwise breaks the law, you have rights.Are Creditors Calling? Have a Script
Along with knowing your rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, you should know your debts and credit account listings.Abusive Debt Collectors Get Debt Collectors to Leave You Alone
Are you being harassed by debt collectors when the debt isn't yours? Make it stop.Can Collector Call at Work, Threaten Jail?
Know your rights if a collection agency calls you at your job or makes extreme legal threats.Turn Tables: Make Debt Collector Pay You
You could end up collecting from the collectors if they violate consumer laws.
Have you decided not to do anything about your debts? Here's what the future has in store for you.How Far Can a Creditor Go To Collect?
Once your wages are garnished, it may be too late to renegotiate with a creditor.Good Letter Can Silence Debt Collector
Sending the right letter should silence calls from debt collectors, but won't erase a debt owed.
Are you struggling to get ahead financially? We can help.
Subscribe to our free Surviving Tough Times newsletter.
Being behind doesn't mean that you can be abused. Know your rights.Harassing Collection Calls
Being behind doesn't mean that you can be abused. Know your rights.Behind in Credit Card Bills Debt Collection Reducing Payments by $200?
More Debt Tips & Tools
- 6 smart strategies for paying off your credit cards
- 5 great second jobs to bring in extra cash
- Pay down debt now or save: Here's how to choose
- Can I get a debt consolidation loan with bad credit?
- I stopped going to college but they want me to keep paying my student loan
- Cutting the burn during tough times
- Digging your way out of a financial hole
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Reduce your debt with this free debt course by The Dollar Stretcher
- Am I a good candidate for credit counseling?
- Do I have a debt problem?
- Reduce your debt payoff time
- Calculate the real cost of your debt
- Reduce credit card debt calculator
- Debt pay-down calculator
- Calculate the true cost of paying just the minimum