Debt problems that can ruin your retirement
Handling Debt Problems when Retired or Nearly Retired
Is there a strategy that will protect his Social Security?Should We Run Away or Deal With Our Debt?
The pressure is building and you'd like to find some quick relief in what feels like an impossible situation. Here's how to set yourself up for a better future.Should an 82 Year Old Repay His Debts?
Or can he get by just ignoring them?
Could Debts Ruin Your Retirement?
With most retirees living on limited income, debts could easily crowd out trips to see the grandkids, golf, or even your grocery budget. Here is some advice that can help prevent debt derailing your retirement.Do My Debts Pass on to My Kids after Death?
Whether your debt will haunt your children depends on their liability for the accounts today.Can a Creditor Take Away My Social Security?
If you're forced to retire and have debt, your Social Security may be safe. But it depends.
One of the most important ingredients for a comfortable retirement is to be debt free when you retire.
Will debt derail your retirement?
There are few options for lowering credit card debt on a fixed income but these might help..Can a Debt Collector Take Your Social Security?
Unpaid debts can hurt your credit and future wages. Can they take your Social Security, too?
You've learned how to work smarter, not harder.
After 50 Finances is a weekly newsletter dedicated to people just like you. Subscribe and start saving today!
For people in debt for decades, credit counseling could show them how to climb out.Too Old to Manage Your Debt and Good Credit?
At 76, you might want to default on your debt, but there are reasons to keep your good credit.
More Debt Tips & Tools
- 6 smart strategies for paying off your credit cards
- 5 great second jobs to bring in extra cash
- Pay down debt now or save: Here's how to choose
- Can I get a debt consolidation loan with bad credit?
- Adjusting to sudden economic change
- Stop burying your head in the sand and face your financial fears
- Surviving a cash crisis
- Are you a shopaholic?
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Reduce your debt step by step
- Am I a good candidate for credit counseling?
- Do I have a debt problem?
- Compare personal loan rates
- Get free answers to financial questions
- Get free answers to legal questions
- Calculate the real cost of your debt
- Debt pay-down calculator
- Calculate the true cost of paying just the minimum