Tackling debt without destroying your marriage
Dealing with Debt as a Married Couple
Money woes can ruin a marriage. Follow this plan to control your family's debt.New Wife Responsible for Hubby's Debt Incurred Prior to Marriage?
Your spouse's creditors may suggest you are liable for debts incurred prior to marriage. Don't believe it.
Husband Married to Wife's $15K Debt?
With $15,000 in credit card debt and a ring on her finger, community property laws may be an issue.Can Future Hubby's Creditors Filch My Nest Egg?
Don't worry about all the things that can go wrong. Your nest egg is protected from creditors.
Am I a good candidate for bankruptcy?Debt Woes May Impact Couple's Joint Assets
When dealing with debt issues, determine how your spouse's credit and assets could be affected.
Are you struggling to get ahead financially? We can help.
Subscribe to our free Surviving Tough Times newsletter.
Before you give in to a debt collector's demands to pay up, you should know your rights.
More Debt Tips & Tools
- 6 smart strategies for paying off your credit cards
- 5 great second jobs to bring in extra cash
- Pay down debt now or save: Here's how to choose
- Can I get a debt consolidation loan with bad credit?
- I stopped going to college but they want me to keep paying my student loan
- Cutting the burn during tough times
- Digging your way out of a financial hole
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Reduce your debt with this free debt course by The Dollar Stretcher
- Am I a good candidate for credit counseling?
- Do I have a debt problem?
- Reduce your debt payoff time
- Calculate the real cost of your debt
- Reduce credit card debt calculator
- Debt pay-down calculator
- Calculate the true cost of paying just the minimum