Guidelines to help you decide what you need to do about old debts
How to Handle Old Debts
Delinquent debt has a shelf life, but certain mistakes can keep it fresh.3 Things to Know about Debt and the Statute of Limitations
What does the statute of limitation mean for debt? Find out how this law protects you.
Explaining the Statute of Limitations on Debt
A bad debt can stay on your credit report for years, but knowing when it will fall off is key.Debt Dropped from Credit Report Still Owed?
You may still be liable for a bad debt even after it drops from your credit report.7 Rules for Waging War Against 'Zombie Debt'
Don't be haunted by an old financial obligation. Use these weapons to fight debt that won't die.If Debt Statute of Limitations is Up, Can We Be Sued?
You'll have to go to court, but the statute of limitations determines if you must pay the debt.What To Do When a Settled Debt Resurfaces
You thought that debt was settled long ago. Wrong. The collectors are back. What to do?
Are you struggling to get ahead financially? We can help.
Subscribe to our free Surviving Tough Times newsletter.
A look at the statutes of limitation on collecting debts in all 50 states.Can My Wages Be Garnished for Old Judgment?
This case could haunt you for decades. It's time to face your old debt and deal with it.When Will Collectors Stop Pursuing Old Debts?
Debt collectors will keep calling even after the bank gives up. Here's what to expect.Can Wages be Garnished for Old Debt?
Old debt never dies, but there is an expiration on a creditor's ability to garnish wages.
More Debt Tips & Tools
- 6 smart strategies for paying off your credit cards
- 5 great second jobs to bring in extra cash
- Pay down debt now or save: Here's how to choose
- Can I get a debt consolidation loan with bad credit?
- Adjusting to sudden economic change
- Stop burying your head in the sand and face your financial fears
- Surviving a cash crisis
- Are you a shopaholic?
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Reduce your debt step by step
- Am I a good candidate for credit counseling?
- Do I have a debt problem?
- Compare personal loan rates
- Get free answers to financial questions
- Get free answers to legal questions
- Calculate the real cost of your debt
- Debt pay-down calculator
- Calculate the true cost of paying just the minimum