Agencies and resources that can help you get care and provide care for elderly loved ones
Elder Care Resources and Financial Assistance
Elder law is more complicated than you might think.When Hiring a Geriatric Care Manager Makes Sense
Knowing when it's time to call in a professional.Benefits Programs Help Pay for Caregiving Expenses
Caregiving is expensive! Get financial help from over 2,000 available federal, state, and private benefits programs.
How to Find an Elder Law Attorney You Can Trust
Elder law attorneys help seniors and caregivers.Expert Interview: How to Hire a Caregiver for an Aging Parent When You Live Far Away
When we begin to realize that an aging parent may need care, the distance between parent and child can be a barrier to finding caregiving. These tips can help.Tax Issues for Elderly Caregivers
A tax expert answers our questions.
Find the perfect caregiver for your loved one.In Home Help for Elderly Mom
Where can he find good, safe, affordable help for his Mom?4 Agencies That Help Retirees
Make sense of retirement alphabet soup.Care Management for Your Elderly Parent
What services do you need and can you afford them?
You've learned how to work smarter, not harder.
After 50 Finances is a weekly newsletter dedicated to people just like you. Subscribe and start saving today!
Follow these gudielines to determine if your elderly parent would still be eligible.Do You Have a Caregiver Contract?
Consider putting a caregiver contract in place so you can get paid by your parents for the time you put in as their caregiver.How to Pay for Mom's Home Care after She's Fallen
There's more than one way to cover your mother's home care. Learn how.
One of the most important ingredients for a comfortable retirement is to be debt free when you retire.
Will debt derail your retirement?
You should create a plan of care for aging parents before the need arises. Here's how.How to Hire an Adult Caregiver
hen you simply can't do everything for your loved one, here's how to find help.
Baby Boomer Tools & Resources
- A tool to determine the best time to take Social Security benefits
- Get out of debt before you retire
- Get free answers to financial questions
- Get free answers to legal questions
- Retirement shortfall calculator
- Life expectancy calculator
- IRA required minimum distribution calculator
- More retirement planning calculators
Trending in Baby Boomers
- Investing retirement money that you may never need
- Financial tips when nearing retirement
- Why pay off your mortgage with a reverse mortgage loan?
- 3 ways retirees can tap into their home equity
- How you relate to money in retirement
- Natural health remedies that can save you money
- Is it possible to live well on Social Security alone?
- This week's Readers' Tips