Inexpensive composting tips for the frugal gardener
Gardening: Cheap Composting
Composting is definitely not a case of garbage in, garbage out. Your garbage going in will magically transform into rich organic fertilizer that you put in your garden to help it thrive.Sheet Composting
With a little bit of foresight and organization, you can make your gardening effortless while at the same time eliminating the need for expensive tools such as tillers, sprinklers and electric timers. How? Through sheet composting.
Getting Rid of Yard Waste
No matter what season it is, you always seem to have a surplus of yard waste. Each year, disposing of grass clippings, leaves, small twigs, larger branches, and other yard debris seems like more strenuous work. There must be a better way to get rid of yard waste.Product Review: Composting for a Better Garden
A review of the Green Cycler Garden Series Kitchen Countertop Composter.
To create the garden of your dreams, get some expert help.
Burpee's choice selection of garden-proven supplies will get your garden off to a great start!
Looking for compost? Free compost? Cheap compost? Ready to use right now? Hot compost? Want to help kids? First, contact your County Extension Office.Before You Compost
I've begun to find ways to reuse the organic waste my family produces in and around our home. Rather than throwing everything into the compost heap, which still remains a viable alternative, I reserve certain items for slightly brighter futures!
Compost: Black Gold for Your Garden
Here are a few of the amazing things that compost can do for any gardener's success rate. So let's take a stroll out to that giant pile of leaves and envision a transformation into fertile, biologically active compost.Manure Is Your Friend
We know manure was being used by the Algokian tribe in North Carolina before 1585. For good reason. Manure can do things for your garden that are nearly impossible to duplicate with alternative materials.
The Shoestring Gardener provides creatively frugal gardening how-tos, remedies & tips.Simple Composting How-To
Want a simple how-to on composting? Our readers share their tips and tricks for simple ways to compost for a vibrant, productive growing season.Composting Horse Manure
Recently offered free horse "poop" for her garden, she was happy to take advantage of it. But, is there a concern with E Coli bacteria. Let's see if we can help this suburban farmer.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- What tools do you need to start a food garden?
- DIY repair of ripped window and door screens
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?