Money-saving tips and ideas to cut your container gardening costs
Gardening: Container Gardening
Harvesting home-grown veggies is both tastier and considerably less expensive. Here's a way to successfully container garden on a sunny small area using French Intensive Gardening.Indoor Gardening On The Cheap
They want $500 or you could do it for $50 yourself. Here's how.
Create a 'Pot' Garden and Save Money
With fresh herbs all summer and fall and dried herbs that you grew all winter and spring, you'll love your own "pot" garden when you can literally thumb your nose at your friendly local grocer who charges so much for herbs.Video: Diggin' the Small Garden
Don't let an apartment or small yard keep you from starting a garden and growing some of your own fruits and veggies! This week, The Ultimate Cheapskate shows us how to get a very cheap start on container gardeningQuick & Easy Garden Container Project for Your Yard
Looking for a quick and easy garden container to add some flair to a boring deck, yard or patio? Here is a before and after project that will take less than 30 minutes, can be inexpensive and is a creative take on ordinary container gardening!
To create the garden of your dreams, get some expert help.
Burpee's choice selection of garden-proven supplies will get your garden off to a great start!
Our readers share their tips and tricks on indoor container gardening.Video: DIY Project - Toolbox Planter
When you spring clean the garage this year, before you toss out or donate that old toolbox, why not turn it into a planter that will add a creative touch to your patio or garden?Apartment Gardening: Eating Greens to Save Greens
Can we do something about rising grocery prices? You bet we can. It's simple. Raise our own gardens. Unless you live in a place that doesn't get any sunshine, you can raise a garden. How elaborate the garden gets is only limited by your imagination and space.Container Gardening Tips & Resources
She'd love to be a backyard gardener, but she have no place to plant in her small yard. So, she's decided to try container gardening. Our readers share their resources and best advice on how to get started container gardening.Apartment Grown Container Tomatoes
Is it possible to grow tomatoes at home while living in a rental apartment? According to our readers, it is!
The Shoestring Gardener provides creatively frugal gardening how-tos, remedies & tips.Container Gardening Tips from a Master Gardener Intern Cool Season Container Gardening Container Garden Crisis Micro-Gardening
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- What tools do you need to start a food garden?
- DIY repair of ripped window and door screens
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?