Caring for houseplants inexpensively
Houseplants are probably the one type of plant that we will all get a chance to care for at some time in our life. Here are some natural ways to care for the indoor garden.Hardy Indoor Plants
Suggestions from our readers for finding house plants that will live through chilly winters and then into the summer when the house gets warm.
Houseplants from Garbage
Cheerful indoor plants do wonders to cheer up a dark winter day, and you can enjoy them with virtually no cash expenditure, too. A veritable jungle of exotic inexpensive houseplants awaits if you merely intercept a few scraps on their way to the compost pile.Indirect Sunlight and Indoor Plants
They only get indirect sunlight in their house. Is it possible to get anything to sprout in those conditions?Keeping Indoor Ivy Alive
She just can't keep ivy growing. It's the basic, supposedly easy-growing ivy. Any ideas?
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?