Mulch is a great resource for maintaining a frugal garden and cheap planters
Frugal Gardening: Mulch
Many gardeners may not have considered the free or extremely cheap sources of mulch available in both town and country. Many of these materials can also be used in making compost, which in turn can be used as an enriching mulch.Make Your Own Environmentally Friendly Mulch
She has a limb shredder and is wondering what to add to it to make environment friendly mulch. Our readers share their tips and tricks.
Effective Mulching Materials
In the face of extraordinary temperatures in much of the nation, questions arise about what to do in gardens to salvage as much as you can. The most practical thing you can do right now is to apply mulch.
Mold and Mulch
When mulch contains pine needles, it can develop mold. Should it still be used? Find out here.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?