Don't let garden pests gobble up your food savings
Frugal Gardening: Pest Control
Keep pesky insects and animals away from your home garden with these natural and easy methods.Keeping Cats Out of Your Garden
Our readers share their tips and tricks to keeping cats out of a garden.
Preventing Snail Garden Damage
Are snails taking over your garden? Our readers share their tips and tricks on how to keep snails from eating every leaf in a garden.Keeping Squirrels Out of Your Garden
Our readers share their tips and tricks for preventing squirrels from destroying your garden.No More Grasshoppers!
"I need to find a safe way to eliminate the grasshoppers from eating ALL the leaves off the plants in my garden. They leave nothing but the stalk. I don't want to affect the bees and other "good" insects."Bad Hare Day
"Does anyone know of an effective non-toxic rabbit repellent? I've been unable to find anything organic that works."Vegetable Garden Pest Control
There are natural pest control methods for the vegetable garden that will also work on the rest of the plants. So let's take a stroll out to the garden together and figure things out together.
To create the garden of your dreams, get some expert help.
Burpee's choice selection of garden-proven supplies will get your garden off to a great start!
Nature's recyclers, thieves, and pests, whatever you call them, slugs are a constant presence in a lot of gardens. Stop sacrificing tender beans or baby lettuce greens to these voracious eaters. Here some tools with which to tackle those slimy suckers.Pest and Disease Control for Roses
Roses can be very easy to tend to if they are cared for with a light hand during the growing season. The fewer things that a gardener does to shock a natural balance of things the fewer problems will arise as a result of that shock.
Safe and Natural Pest Control
There are ways to control the unwanted visitors that often plague the plants of a garden. These materials are easy to use and considerably less toxic to you and the environment.Biological Pesticides
When faced with the challenge of insect infestation in your garden, think first about the biological pesticides. As a general rule, they will NOT kill the good guys working in your garden.
Shop the web's most popular pest control store at DoMyOwnPestControl.com.5 Key Steps to Plant Protection Balance in the Garden: Natural Pest Control Balance in the Garden: Japanese Beetles Grubs & Japanese Beetles Cat-Proofing Your Garden That Wascally Wabbit! Slugs (Yech!) Natural Bug Repellent Spring Gardening and Pest Control Doggone It! Keeping Dogs Out of Flower Beds Grapes and Snakes
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- What tools do you need to start a food garden?
- DIY repair of ripped window and door screens
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?