A great frugal garden begins with frugal planning
Planning Your Frugal Garden
Have you started prepping for your backyard garden yet? These tips will get you started.Planning Your Summer Garden
Whether you're a long-time gardener or a soon-to-be first time gardener, planning ahead is a vital part of a successfully productive garden.
Creating a Dream Garden on $100 Per Year Part 1
What are the secrets to a low-cost dream garden? It takes creativity, a willingness to work hard and adapt, and time. A low budget isn't going to cover big structural changes, but you can create a sustainable food and flower garden that will have your neighbors knocking on your gate to see more.Creating a Dream Garden on $100 Per Year Part 2
After reading the first 8 tips in the above article, find your frugal garden dream with these additional 7 tips and tricks. Then get your dream garden groove on.
To create the garden of your dreams, get some expert help.
Burpee's choice selection of garden-proven supplies will get your garden off to a great start!
It's time to start your garden preparation. This short list can make spring and summer that much more productive in your garden and, of course, your pantry.Using a Journal for Your Garden Planning
This is the time of year when the garden catalogs come pouring in and we start dreaming up our gardens for the current year. A little planning will help you get what you want out of your garden and save you some time and money. A garden journal can be a very valuable tool when planning your garden.
Ready for Spring Gardening?
It's official. The robins are playing tug a war with the worms, and little bunnies are hopping down their bunny trails. It's officially time to begin garden planning.The Growth of Gardening
More and more people are rediscovering the joy of gardening and watching plants and flowers grow. There is something centering about digging your hands into the rich soil and placing a tiny kernel beneath. It speaks of faith, hope, and commitment in our throwaway society.
The Shoestring Gardener provides creatively frugal gardening how-tos, remedies & tips.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- What tools do you need to start a food garden?
- DIY repair of ripped window and door screens
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?