An inexpensive vegetable garden can cut the grocery budget drastically
Frugal Vegetable Gardening
Growing your own food with a lasagna garden. It is a wonderful way to garden that saves your back and your time because it is an unconventional method of gardening.A Root Vegetable Primer
Root vegetables are easy to grow and offer so much nutritionally. Here is a little primer for you to get all you can from root vegetables, including how easy they are to grow and how to prepare them!
Planning Your Summer Garden
Whether you're a long-time gardener or a soon-to-be first time gardener, planning ahead is a vital part of a successfully productive garden.7 Ingredients of a Money-Saving Garden
As you thumb through seed catalogues, surf Internet gardening sites or troll home supply stores, here are a few garden ingredients that can help you maximize your harvest this year.
To create the garden of your dreams, get some expert help.
Burpee's choice selection of garden-proven supplies will get your garden off to a great start!
Food prices are climbing, and food safety scares are rising. The solution is as close as your backyard. More than 43 million Americans are planning a vegetable garden. Will you be one of them?Edible Landscapes
When winter nears its end and you begin feeling the desire to add beauty and fragrance to your landscape or patio, make choices that correspond with your frugal lifestyle.Growing Protein
We're used to growing veggies, but is growing protein possible in your garden?
Growing Calories as Well as Vitamins
Everyone knows that you can add a lot of vitamins to your daily diet by growing and eating your own vegetables. But how many of your daily calories can you add?A Garden of Savings
If you live in or around a city, you may think that you are unable to grow food because you don't have enough room. The good news is, however, that with some knowledge and ingenuity, you might be able to grow quite a bit right where you are.Backyard Vegetable Garden
One of the best ways to cut grocery costs is to grow your own vegetables and fruits. Produce from your own garden tastes delicious and reduces your food bill. Here are some tips to get you started.
The Shoestring Gardener provides creatively frugal gardening how-tos, remedies & tips.2-for-1 Strategy for Planning Your Home Vegetable Garden Edible Landscaping Planting a Victory Garden Spring Vegetable Gardens Tomatoes: The Ultimate Taste of Summer Winter Gardening in Summer Time to Start Your Tomatoes First Time Vegetable Garden Starting Spinach Sick Ivy & Sterile Squash
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- What tools do you need to start a food garden?
- DIY repair of ripped window and door screens
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?