Ridding your yard and home of mice, rats and other rodents and mammals
Combatting Rodents and Other Fury Pests on a Budget
The Dollar Stretcher readers share their tips and tricks on how to get rid of mice.Eliminating Field Mice
"My problem with field mice is that they are in the upstairs bathroom under the sink. I have a Jacuzzi and I'm sure that's where they are coming from, but I don't know where they are getting in and why they go upstairs when all the food is downstairs? We have no basement and can't find holes around the foundation."
Humane Mouse Removal
Even if we dislike mice, we do not necessarily want to be inhumane in our removal of them. Here are some tips to humanely remove mice from your home and yard.New Neighbor Seeks Quiet
"I live next door to a dog that barks at all hours, day and night. He's outdoors most of the time. The houses are very close together. I just moved here and don't know the neighbor, so I am reluctant to start complaining right off the bat about his dog. Does anyone know if those sonic dog repellant machines work? Is there anything else that would work? I am getting desperate."Dog Repellents
"I'm looking for something that I can spray or sprinkle on my front lawn that will repel the neighborhood dogs. I have a lot of burned circles from the urine of one particular female dog and apparently her "marking" my lawn as her latrine is attracting other dogs to urinate and defecate there as well."Getting Rid of Squirrels in the Attic
"I have a squirrel living in my attic! The professionals want almost $300 to get it out and I don't have that kind of money to spend. I have looked in the archives of your website, but I can't find any inexpensive ways to get rid of the unwanted visitor. Any suggestions?"
Shop the web's most popular pest control store at DoMyOwnPestControl.com.Humane Mouse Removal
"I've got mice in my garage. As I have to store car seats, kid toys, and other things I don't want doused with mouse wastes, I'm looking for a way to drive them out, short of getting a garage cat. Any "scarecrows" or other non-lethal ways of driving them off?"
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- How much does it cost to cool your home?
- Monthly dishwasher maintenance that can help you save
- Natural spider control
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?