Ridding your home of roaches
Frugal Roach Control Methods
They're disgusting! They carry diseases! And, sooner or later you'll likely find some roaches in your home, even with excellent housekeeping skills. What's the best way to get rid of them? To help us answer that question we've asked Kara Johnston of DoMyOwnPestControl.com to join us on The Dollar Stretcher Interview.Get Rid of Roaches Safely
"I have tried everything to get rid of roaches, and I really need help. I am scared they will bite my kids or make them sick. I don't have much money so I was hoping you could give me some cheap ways to take care of it. I live in a very wooded area, and I am worried for my children. I would appreciate any tips you have."
TDS readers share their solutions for getting rid of cockroaches.Natural Roach Remedy
"Help! I'm desperate. I need a natural remedy for roaches. I'm being bombarded and have tried having the house sprayed several times. The critters will not leave. I've also tried spraying it myself. I need advice on something that will really get rid of roaches."
Shop the web's most popular pest control store at DoMyOwnPestControl.com.Getting Rid of Roaches
"Help, I can't get rid of roaches. I've tried so many chemicals the family and pets should be dead. I can't afford a monthly fee to have someone come in all the time. I've emptied every cupboard and have sprayed, powdered and sealed. Nothing works. They leave during the day but at night are back and it seems they bring more friends. My walls, baseboards and cupboards are being ruined by the constant spraying. Is there any help out there?"
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- How much does it cost to cool your home?
- Monthly dishwasher maintenance that can help you save
- Natural spider control
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?