Money-saving bird and fish care tips
Frugal Bird & Fish Care
"I really want to own a saltwater aquarium. I have had different aquariums since childhood and love it. Having a saltwater aquarium has always been a dream for me. However, I am shocked by the cost of setting up and maintaining one. I wondered if other readers have found any ways to cut the costs."Recycled Birds
Getting free birds is no fly-by-night idea. It's very practical and low-risk. The only risk is the cost of newspaper classified advertising. I've referred specifically to birds, but this concept, it seems to me, can easily be applied to other types of pets you might want. There are no guarantees, but you never know.
The Goods on Goldfish
Goldfish are popular starter pets for children and a good parental choice when it comes to budget and time considerations. You should take note that goldfish can grow to be anywhere from 6 to 12 inches and may live for as long as 10 years. You and your child will not only have fun but will learn together while caring for your little golden water creature. And I'll bet you'll name her "Goldie"!Save on Fish Food
Are your fish eating you out of house and home? Fish food can be pretty expensive for just a mixture of wheat flour and fish meal. Try these less expensive pet food alternatives for fish, dogs, cats, and more.
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- Where to find free (or cheap) summer activities
- 15 ways to make vet bills more affordable
- 7 cost-free ideas that will make you a health-hero to someone in need
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Saving-money secrets of the rich and frugal
- This week's Readers' Tips