How you pay off your student loan debt could save you thousands
Trouble Repaying Student Loans
Interview with Christopher T. Lawson
How Does Your Student Loan Debt Stack Up?
How Long Will It Take to Pay Off Student Loan?
How to Destroy Student Loan Debt
Dollar Stretcher editor Gary Foreman disusses student loan debt concerns with Christopher T. Lawson, director of planning at Financial Evolution Group, a financial planning firm that helps college grads and mid-career professionals drowning in student loan debt. If student loan debt is preventing you from doing such things as saving for retirement, buying a house, or taking vacations, watch this interview to learn the best way to repay your student loan debt as well as other debt you might have.
Christopher T. Lawson is a well known speaker, author and director of planning for Financial Evolution Group, a Los Angeles based financial planning firm that helps college grads and mid-career professionals drowning in student loan debt. Chris is also a 19 year veteran of the financial services industry, author of the book School Loans Gone, holds the Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor designation from the College for Financial Planning, serves on the board of directors for the Los Angeles chapter of the Financial Planning Association and volunteers for Southern California Junior Achievement.
Take the Next Step:
- Visit the TDS library for more on student loans..
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
I often wonder if I should be seeking professional help to get my debt under control! Tell us: Yes, I'd like to find out if I am a good candidate for credit counseling or No, I don't think I need couseling but I would like to find out how I can pay off my credit cards more quickly.
More Debt Tips & Tools
- 6 smart strategies for paying off your credit cards
- 5 great second jobs to bring in extra cash
- Pay down debt now or save: Here's how to choose
- Can I get a debt consolidation loan with bad credit?
- I stopped going to college but they want me to keep paying my student loan
- Cutting the burn during tough times
- Digging your way out of a financial hole
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Reduce your debt with this free debt course by The Dollar Stretcher
- Am I a good candidate for credit counseling?
- Do I have a debt problem?
- Reduce your debt payoff time
- Calculate the real cost of your debt
- Reduce credit card debt calculator
- Debt pay-down calculator
- Calculate the true cost of paying just the minimum