Could your neighbor's luxury car cause you to spend more money?
How Your Neighbors Can Influence Your Buying Habits
interview by Gary Foreman
Do You Have Money Saved for a Rainy Day?
Psychological Issues Could Be Costing You Money
Rational Financial Behavior
Could your neighbor's luxury car cause you to spend more money? And, if it does, is there anything you can do about it? To help us understand these questions we've invited Dr. Ryan Howell to join us in The Dollar Stretcher interview.
Dr. Ryan Howell is assistant professor of psychology at San Francisco State University. His Personality & Well-Being Lab aims to understand the role of finances and consumption in people's happiness. He's the co-founder of BeyondThePurchase.org and has co-authored a recent study on the 'geography of materialism.'
Take the Next Step:
- Use these guidelines, tips and tools to gain control of your spending and improve your financial situation.
- Get proactive about tackling your debt. Take these steps to get out of debt and begin the journey to financial freedom today!
- Get control of your financial life. Subscribe to Financial Independence, a free daily email that provides you with the tools to help you gain that control and achieve financial independence. Subscribers get a copy of Are You Heading for Debt Trouble? A Simple Checklist for FREE!
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
More Money Tips & Tools
- Use a luxury tax to trick yourself into saving
- How to set up your first 401k
- The 7 P's of paying off your loan early
- Saving-money secrets of the rich and frugal
- 5 low-risk ways to earn higher interest now
- How to save money fast
- 7 IRA withdrawals that don't trigger a penalty
- This week's Readers' Tips