Meet America's cheapest family!
How We Paid Off Our Home in Just 9 Years & Other Financial Feats
interview by Gary Foreman
Whole Family Financial Solutions
Grinding Beef at Home for Big Savings
Getting Your Family Involved in the Finances
How a Family with Children Is Getting Out of Debt
How would you like to pay off your first home in just 9 years? Or pay cash for your next car? How about spending less than half of what other families do on groceries? On this episode of The Dollar Stretcher Interview, meet Steve and Annette Economides, a couple who has done just that and much more to save big bucks for their family. Join us as we ask America's Cheapest Family how they managed these wonderful financial feats and see what they can teach you about frugality.
Steve & Annette Economides are New York Times best-selling authors, parents of five grown children, family finance experts and are affectionately known as America's Cheapest Family. Visit them at MoneySmartFamily.com. Some of their books include: America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money: Your Guide to Living Better, Spending Less, and Cashing in on Your Dreams, Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half with America's Cheapest Family: Includes So Many Innovative Strategies You Won't Have to Cut Coupons, and The MoneySmart Family System: Teaching Financial Independence to Children of Every Age.
Take the Next Step:
- Find new ways to reduce the family budget each week on our page dedicated to frugal families like yours.
- Don't allow debt to prevent you from providing for your family the way you would like. Start The Dollar Stretcher's free Get Out of Debt course today so you can give your family a better tomorrow.
- It's tough raising kids today! You need every time and money saving idea you can find. That's why you'll want to get our free weekly Dollar Stretcher for Parents newsletter. You'll find great ideas designed just for parents that will help your family 'live better...for less'! Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
Money-Saving Tools for Families
Trending This Week
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Ways to reduce the financial and emotional costs of a divorce
- Surprising reasons to have family meal time
- Will your family be taken care of if something happens to you?
- How to teach kids about compound interest
- This week's Readers' Tips